Monday, 7 September 2015

Asean Youth Creative Industry Fair 2015


Hi everyone! I just went to an exciting event last week called AYCIF 2015 (Asean Youth Creative Industry Fair 2015). I tell you, i am such a 'decorative' person, hahaha. I'd always like to decorate, see something creative, make DIY projects, see art masterpiece, etc. Back then when i was at junior high school, i even cut my skirts' dresses turned into new clothes OR i simply transformed the boring clothes into something new that i love, like pencil case or coin pouch. I also make DIY cards when it comes to my parents' anniversary, best friend's birthday, my brother- sister's birthday. I find it so fun! Oh! My sister even do this creative thing WAY BETTER than me, i guess 10x times better! She is so talented in drawing, illustration, DIY projects and other creative ideas. If some of you are curious, you can find out more on her Instagram: @nvlarauana_draws :D

That's why, me and my sister are very excited to go to this event! We went there with my brother and mom of course! That day was very hot, i swear it is very hot. Jakarta's hot weather FYI ;p This event was located at Wisata Kota Tua Djakarta. It is where the famous Museum Fatahillah stands still too! I encourage my dear readers to also visit our local tourist place, it's exciting though ;)





Look at my brother's pose, i think it's creative enough rather than our pose, hahaha. You can fine a lot of mascots that can remind us in the past event in our country Indonesia, in the Dutch and Japanese era. The bicycle is very vintage, it is called Sepeda Ontel ;) The Mr. Mascot here is sooo lovely, he's so happy and cheerful to take photos with us. He didn't mind when we kept on repeating taking pictures. Hope to see you again, Mr!



Another mascots! All of them were so funny! You can see their funny faces in the pictures ;) By the way, the first photo they posed like they were all fascinated by me *LOL*, directed and commanded by my brother (again). Not all of them were fascinated by me though, hahaha! They are so lovely in their costumes, and the one in the left side is was in the role of Jenderal Sudirman. Do you know who Jenderal Sudirman is? If you don't, click this: Jendral Sudirman.



Canting
This is used when we apply the malam (candle liquid) on the fabric and started to draw. It easily dries, so the drawers must quick and soft at the same time in order to make the good draws.


Next stop! My sister was very excited baout this. WUNESCO website, "The techniques, symbolism and culture surrounding hand-dyed cotton and silk garments known as Indonesian Batik permeate the lives of Indonesians from beginning to end: infants are carried in batik slings decorated with symbols designed to bring the child luck, and the dead are shrouded in funerary batik"

e can learn how to draw Batik! (Membatik, in Indonesian language). As we know, Batik has been renowned by UNESCO as one of the world's heritage. Quoted from

So in order to love our nation, we also must know our culture and tradition first! Get know better about this batik will also enlarge our nationality, because Batik is one of our heritage that we must be proud of! In fashion industry, Batik plays a lot of role. Batik is chic, it can be transformed into such a magical haute couture gown, or can be transformed as daily wear too. Proud. 



Hot weather = ICE CREAM! my brother and i couldn't hold that day's weather. Too hot! So i decided to buy this ice cream that only costs IDR 5000. Unbelievably delicious and super cheap! Ended up buying 3 cones of ice cream for each of us, with mom and sister as well. Much sugar intake that day ;p

Have you realized too that i changed my hair color? :) Too bored with the old hairstyle, so i cut my bangs and make it red- brunette. next time, i think i'll try ombre ;)




Products above are beyond creative. The miniatures were made from resin. The face sculpture itself made me like 'whoah! Awesome!' and do you see that?? Jeweleries that made from Batik! Too awesome, i can't stand for it. It is made from ex-used Batik fabrics and the creative people behind this product changed into something useful and pretty such as statement necklaces, pins, bandana, etc. Major love. While being there, they actually were doing a workshop about how to make these jeweleries, and my sister participated ;)


Selfies with bro. My sister was busy drawing back there, so this time she didn't join ;p



Apparently, my brother asked me to take his OOTD pic hahaha. This time, i directed his pose :p Pretty nice isn't it? ;)








Got my grey midi cullotes from Sale Stock Indonesia. It's below IDR 100,000! What can be more awesome? Easily paired with stripes top. Hat is the must, the sun was so hot. By the way, i wore wedges because i was too bored wearing flat sandals. Wearing flats too often kind of make me like 'tired'. So i went using wedges instead ;)

DON'T FORGETTT!!!!!
You can visit my page to get 20K discounts! 
Open your browser, go to: http://j.mp/thelmakisela 
then sign up as a member, and shop your heart out! They also have awesome giveaways for their 1st anniversary this month! Shop till you drop and get a chance to win cool gadgets and a trip for 2 to Korea!


So happy to visit a nice event! Too bad i couldn't make it to the seminars and the fashion show, because my mom need to rush that time! Next time, i'll visit! ;)
See you to the next post!